We are all cleaned up and reopening with a week long sale while we work on getting our busted door replaced, So in essence it’s a Door Buster Sale! Almost everything in the shop will be 10% off.
For those who have missed our recent posts: A car ran into the shop Sunday around 4am while we were at NDK. It was a hit and run that destroyed our door. Luckily a licence plate was found in the debris and the police found the culprit. Its been a lot to clean up, and there has been some damaged merchandise and fixtures, but nothing was stolen. We are happy for all the love and support we’ve received during this traumatic time.
Rainy Day Anime will be closed Thurs Aug. 30th- Mon. Sept. 3rd to attend Nan Desu Kan in Denver. For more information, visit http://ndkdenver.org/
Buy one get one Free!
Do to a surge in manga trade-ins, we have more books then we can handle. Our gain can be your gain too!
Buy any book and get a free manga from our sale bins.
- Buy a gently used Manga, get a free bin Manga
- Buy a new Manga, get a free bin Manga
- Buy an Artbook, get a free bin Manga
- Buy a bin Manga, (you get the idea)
This deal is good now till Aug. 29th, when we start packing for NDK.
Come in on Valentines Day to get a free Valentines treats from us!
This event is free to everyone, limit one treat per person.
Rainy Day Anime’s Annual Christmas Party! Sat. Dec. 9th 7pm-11pm
$20 entry fee (Make Sure to preregister for this event as slots are limited.**) registration starts on Tues. Nov. 28th.
We will be serving the traditional Japanese Christmas dinner of KFC and Cake! Every participant will get a wrapped present* from the store (worth at least $20) as well as an anime themed ornament. We will watch some Christmassy videos and play games.
Christmas themed cosplay is not only encouraged, but the best cosplay will get a prize. (Just remember it’s got to be Christmassy!)
*Each present will have a hint as to what’s inside. Gift selection will be based on the order of who registered first. Gifts will be opened after dinner.
**Space will be limited so we will be selling slots a head of time. Its first come, first serve based on who paid for the event. Slots will be on sale starting Sun Nov. 29th. We will accept cash or card in store, card over the phone. We have 26 slots to sell and once they are sold out we will post instructions on how to be put on a waiting list. If you are going with friends, make sure every is paid for at once to ensure they can all go.
***Slots may be transferred to another name up to 2 hours before the event. Refunds are only given in store credit and minus a $5 holding fee until the 8th of Dec (no refunds can be given on the 9th, so make sure you or someone you know can make it, but if you can’t make it we will hold a gift and ornament for you.)
Nov. 24-26 the Fri, Sat., and Sun. after thanksgiving. We will be doing tons of giveaways over the weekend, which include:
-Free goodies bags with samples and gifts just for showing up. (While supplies last)
-A free $5 gift certificate with every $30 spent.
-Raffle ticket entry with every $30 spent.
-Nightly raffles and one big raffle at the end of the weekend. Almost $2000 worth in prizes to be raffled off.
CAW Weekend FAQs:
• Are your store hours going to be the same during the weekend? Yes, aside from being closed on thanksgiving we will be Open 10am-6:30pm all three days.
• When will the raffles be drawn?vPrizes will be drawn end of Event, Sun. Nov. 27th 6:30pm Winners not present will be notified on or before Tues. Nov. 29th.
• What are the raffle prizes? Almost $2000 worth of Amazing stuff, including First 4 Figures Princess Zelda, Desktop McCoy Android 17 and 18, Max factory riding hood Miku, Galaxy Tab E-lite tablet, over $800 worth of Sentai Filmworks DVDs and Bluray, and more…
• Can I do trade in’s during this event? Sorry, but due the volume of expected costumers and the fact that we use the same computer for selling as receiving, we unfortunately can’t accept trade-ins during Customer Appreciation Weekend.
• Can I use existing store credit and gift certificates during the event? Yes you can!
• When can I use the free $5 gift certificates? The free $5 gift certificates are good for next year starting January 2nd 2018 until Dec. 31 2018?
• Can I buy a $30 gift certificate to get the free $5 certificate? No, gift certificates and consignment art are excluded from this deal.
• Is there a maximum to the amount of $5 certificates I can earn? There is no maximum, so if you spend $300 you will get 10 certificates which amounts to $50 back. If you spend $3000 you’ll get $500 back in certificates.
• Does the $30 spent include tax? $30 has to be spent before tax, give or take a penny.
• Will there be any goodie bags if I come late on Sunday? We have a lot of supply (At least 100 per day) but, just to cover our butts, goodie bags will be while supplies last.
• What will be in the Goodie Bags? We are not sure yet but it will be awesome so stay tuned for an announcement about it.
Bring your own (empty) Bento Box* and get ready to fill it with delicious handmade goodies. (*tupperware can work in a pinch).
This is a potluck dinner so admission is a bento dish with at least 10 small portions or a $10 fee.
We will provide sticky rice with some seasonings on the side, and a few dishes to start things off.
This event will start setting up and collecting food at 6:30
Everyone can start assembling Bento Boxes at 7pm
Come in and set up a Rainy Day Anime Holiday Wish list. For setting up your wish list, you will get 20% of your purchase for the day, Plus get some 10% off coupons good for your friends and family to use when they come in to shop for you!
This is a new feature we are offering this holiday season, so you should take advantage of it.