We’ve been disassembling all the manga shelves and moving everything to the small patch of carpet in the back. Then we prepped the walls and started to paint.
The carpet roll-out is not be going as smoothly as expected. Hopefully this won’t be too much of a delay.
We have the wall coming down tomorrow so I thought I’d share with you today what we picked out as far as flooring.
The Carpet has streaks of silver that don’t show up as well in the picture.
The bathroom floor will have a laminated wood tile it should look really nice.
In about 2 weeks (middle of April) we are remodeling the store. While the main shop will be closed we will have a pop-up shop in the Annex during normal store hours.
Here is the overall plan for the remodel which should take 2-3weeks:
- Temporarily move inventory to the Annex
- Remove the backroom wall to make a longer storefront
- Repaint the entire store
- Re-carpet the store and refloor the bathroom
- Set up new fixtures and move existing ones.
While we don’t have exact dates yet we will keep you updated on our progress here on the website and on our social media:
Due to an outbreak of Covid-19 we are closing the store for 2 weeks and will plan for a reopening on Dec. 2nd.
Customer Appreciation Week will be postponed. The new dates are still to be determined.
If you have any questions or concerns you can:
text us at 719-726-9730
email us at email@example.com
Or message us on Facebook.
Thank you for your support.
Sept 1st we will be making a big announcement regarding our 10th Anniversary, so stay tuned for some exciting news.
Two virtual conventions happening July 3rd and 4th:
Funimation Con 2020
Anime Expo Lite
Rainy Day Anime will be open all weekend (10am-6:30pm) if you are missing the dealers room experience!
- All Cosplay and Fashion Apparel 50% off
- Gently used garment bags only $5 each
- Plastic hangers 4 for $1
- Wood and metal hangers 2 for $1
In-store only, while supplies last.
We are happy to announce that we will be open for business starting May 1st. A few changes will take place to follow the “Safer at Home” measures.
- Customers will be required to remain 6ft apart. We will mark spacing on the floor.
- No more than 5 customers can be in the store at anytime.
- Wash your hands. You can use our restroom (wipe everything you touched after) and we will have hand sanitizer if you need it.
- Do not touch your face. Wear a face mask to avoid touching your nose and mouth.
- If you are sick, at risk, or think you may have been exposed, Stay at Home! If any of the staff catches Covid 19, the store will be closed for a min. of two weeks and nobody wants that.
Join Erissa, the owner of Rainy Day Anime, on her actual birthday Sat. Sept 7th, for Cake, Gifts and Shopping! Come in from 2pm-5pm to chat with the owner herself and eat some cake. We will also be giving away a few of her favorite things and having a 10% off sale on most items in the store. This is a free event!
Check out the event on Facebook!