We will be closed Sunday July 4th to celebrate the holiday!
A few things you should know about our grand reopening weekend May 21-23.
1. Masks are still required to shop at Rainy Day Anime
2. No trade ins will be accepted until after the weekend
3. We will close at 5pm on Thursday May 20th to set up
4. There were some shipment delays so we won’t have all the fixtures and inventory we had planed for.
Thank you for your patience!
We have had several delays and setbacks but we are reopening the main shop Fri. May 21st. You can look forward to…
- A larger store so we can serve more customers at once
- New merchandise to fill in all this space
- Swag Giveaways for anyone that makes a purchase during our grand reopening weekend.
- Everything you love about Rainy Day Anime but better!
Rainy Day Anime is located at 2350 S. Academy Blvd. Colorado Springs, CO. We are in the Gateway shopping center between Astrozon and Chelton.
We’ve been disassembling all the manga shelves and moving everything to the small patch of carpet in the back. Then we prepped the walls and started to paint.
The carpet roll-out is not be going as smoothly as expected. Hopefully this won’t be too much of a delay.
We got a lot of work done today, but still a lot more to go.
We have the wall coming down tomorrow so I thought I’d share with you today what we picked out as far as flooring.
The Carpet has streaks of silver that don’t show up as well in the picture.
The bathroom floor will have a laminated wood tile it should look really nice.
We were working hard on Mon. moving inventory to our space next door.
These are a few things to note before coming:
- Only one group allowed in at a time
- Masks on and over the nose while you are here.
- We cannot take trade-ins
- We don’t have access to our full inventory
- Please be patient with us. We are working really hard to make the shop even more awesome than it was before.
Everything is on schedule to close the main store and open the Pop up shop next Tues. in the annex space next to the Store. It should only last about 2-3 weeks but during this time there will be a few changes…
- Limited access- We will only be able to allow one group at time and will not have bathroom access. Also you will have to ask us for the items you want to see.
- Limited inventory – Gently used manga and a smattering of other products with be packed away during the remodel. New manga and new figures will definitely be available to buy (while supplies last).
- No trade-ins- We will not have the space or manpower to take trade-ins.
I will finish this update with a current progress photo. Today we were getting some pipes replaced in the bathroom .
In about 2 weeks (middle of April) we are remodeling the store. While the main shop will be closed we will have a pop-up shop in the Annex during normal store hours.
Here is the overall plan for the remodel which should take 2-3weeks:
- Temporarily move inventory to the Annex
- Remove the backroom wall to make a longer storefront
- Repaint the entire store
- Re-carpet the store and refloor the bathroom
- Set up new fixtures and move existing ones.
While we don’t have exact dates yet we will keep you updated on our progress here on the website and on our social media: